EDMO® Summer Partner Programs
Half Day “A+B” Model (Online & In-person)
Let’s co-design a whole child summer experience for your school or district. Students attend summer school with their teachers for the morning “A” portion of the day. Afterwards they transition into EDMO for the afternoon “B” portion of the day filled with hands-on science, making, coding, art, mindfulness and recreation. Summer Partner Programs run on your school campus or online.
- In-Person Half Day programs typically run 3 hours per day.
- Online Half Day Programs vary from 1.5 - 2.5 hours per day.
- Custom design your own enrichment program with 30+ Pre-K-8th grade STEAM themes to choose from.
- We recruit, hire and train local in-person staff whenever possible.
- All programs integrate social-emotional skill building activities.
- We also provide you with a Program Manager to help with planning, implementation, attendance tracking and ongoing customer support.
- Past & current partners include: Alameda Unified School District, Oakland Unified School District, Livermore Unified School District, Berkeley Unified School District and the City of San Francisco.
EDMO® After-School Programs
We offer two types of programming for After-School to fit your needs. Depending on your funds, you determine if you want to offer the program free, partially subsidized or at full price to your families.
Custom Programs: A plug-and-play way to fill asynchronous learning time - any time of the day, in person or online, open only to your students.
Ongoing After-School Programs: After-school program for every day of the school year, in person or online, open only to your students.
EDMO® In Class Programs (online only)
EDMO knows that virtual learning can be a struggle and we are ready to support teachers and students with EDMO instructor-led hands-on, interactive activities during synchronous or asynchronous learning times.
- We offer 1 - 1.5 hour long programs, you pick the topic and length of time.
- All activities are designed to be low supply, accessible, and integrate social-emotional learning concepts.
- Our instructors join your classroom online to make it an easy transition into and out of the program.
- We keep our groups small, one class at a time, to allow for engagement and direct interactions with the instructor, with our base program starting at 25 kids.
- For additional kids a small fee goes toward providing a second instructor and utilizing breakout rooms as needed, creating smaller groups and increasing engagement.
- Examples of previous topics include Build Your Own Roller Coaster, Scratch Coding, Virtual Music Creation, Lava Lamps, Cardboard Robots, Paper Airplane Derby, and Oobleck.
EDMO® Educator Professional Development
EDMO is here for you as we navigate the world of education together. We have learned a lot in our 17 years of running summer camps and after school programs and we want to share our knowledge and best practices with other educators. Over the years, we have trained more than 500 educators to lead social-emotional learning infused, hands-on STEAM activities in their classrooms and out of school time programs, both in-person and virtually. We can customize interactive workshops to meet the needs of any educator working in any environment.
- We offer 1.5 - 3 hour workshops.
- Resources, materials and a recording of each workshop is available to participants for future use.
- Use your federal, state, grant or budgeted money to customize workshops to meet your needs.
- Examples of previous session topics include: Integrating SEL into your online classroom, Zoom tips & tricks, Engaging Students Online and Mindful Makers. You can choose from one of these or we can create one for you.