EDMO has adopted the following protocols:
- Maximum group sizes will range from 12-18 campers dependent on ages and location. All groups will remain well below state/county guidelines and will maintain all American Camp Association Standards.
- Each stable group will have two assigned staff members and will remain together throughout the duration of the camp session including Extended Care.
- Kids will not be allowed to change from one group to another.
- Kids will be instructed to remain 3 ft apart unless they are eating, taking a mask break or participating in an outdoor activity where 6 ft of distance can be maintained.
- Kids will be encouraged to keep their hands to themselves and will be strategically spaced when possible during activities for appropriate social distancing. This includes no hand holding, hugging, high fives, etc.
- Outdoor game time, snacks and lunch will be staggered to promote physical distancing between stable groups.
- All kids and staff must wear face masks while at camp at all times, except during designated eating times, mask breaks and when participating in an outdoor activity where 6 ft of distance can be maintained.
- Kids need to bring their own face masks daily. We recommend that they keep an extra one in their bag.
Hand Washing & Sanitizing
- Camp will implement routines for students to wash their hands (or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available), at regular intervals throughout the day.
- When arriving and prior to leaving
- Before and after meals
- Before and after outside play
- Before and after using the restroom
- Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout camp sites.
Disinfecting & Sanitation
- EDMO staff or on-site custodial services will clean and disinfect at least twice a day. Once in the middle of the day while kids are engaged in outdoor activities and once at the end of the day.
- Cleaning will include disinfecting of all spaces used by kids and EDMO staff, including but not limited to: doorknobs, desks, faucet handles, chairs and soap dispensers.
- Restrooms will be cleaned after every stable group’s use.
Daily Camp Health Screening
- Every day, before arriving at camp one parent/guardian per camper will be required to fill out a short health screening form.
- If the form is not filled out prior to arriving at the camp location, upon arriving at drop off, one parent/guardian/drop-off person per camper will be required to do the questionnaire verbally and have their child’s temperature taken.
- EDMO staff must also fill out a health screening form daily before attending camp.
- Please pack a reusable water bottle for your kid each day. Many county regulations prohibit kids from using the water fountains. EDMO staff will refill bottles as needed and return them to your kid.
- EDMO staff will require kids to wash their hands before and after they eat.
- If an EDMO staff member must handle food or drink in any way, they will be required to wear disposable gloves and change gloves between helping kids.
- Eating and drinking will only be allowed in designated areas that have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- One camper at a time will be allowed in the restroom.
- If windows exist in these restrooms, they will remain open for ventilation.
- EDMO staff will clean and disinfect the restroom after each stable group’s use.
- Each camper will receive an individually packaged kit with all of their supplies for the week.
- Socially-distanced activities will be available, and kids will be encouraged to bring activities from home that can be conducted individually.
- Kids will only be allowed to use play structures or any other shared equipment if the situation allows for full disinfecting before and after each group's use. Exact protocols will vary site to site and will be reviewed with kids at the start of each camp session.
Meet our Medical Advisory Board
Emergency Medical Technician
Ashkon Shaahinfar, MD
Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics