EDMO has adopted the following protocols:
- Kids will be in stable groups with restricted capacities as outlined by state and county guidelines. EDMO's current stable group size will be 12 or fewer kids and 2 staff members and may be adjusted up or down if restrictions change before the start of summer programming.
- Kids will not be allowed to change from one group to another.
- Each stable group will remain together throughout the duration of the camp session, including your FREE extended care pickup window.
- Kids will be instructed to avoid physical contact with any other kids or staff, and staff will give repeat reminders throughout the day.
- Kids will be encouraged to keep their hands to themselves and will be strategically spaced when possible during activities for appropriate social distancing. This includes no hand holding, hugging, high fives, etc.
- Outdoor game time, snacks and lunch will be staggered to promote physical distancing between stable groups.
- In accordance with state and local agency guidelines, all kids and staff must wear face masks while at camp at all times, except during designated eating times.
- Kids need to bring their own face masks daily. We recommend that they keep an extra one in their bag.
Hand Washing & Sanitizing
- Camp will implement routines for students to wash their hands (or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available), at regular intervals throughout the day.
- When arriving and prior to leaving
- Before and after meals
- Before and after outside play
- Before and after using the restroom
- Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout camp sites.
Disinfecting & Sanitation
- EDMO staff or on-site custodial services will clean and disinfect twice a day. Once in the middle of the day while kids are engaged in outdoor activities and once at the end of the day.
- Cleaning will include disinfecting of all spaces used by kids and EDMO staff, including but not limited to: doorknobs, desks, faucet handles, chairs and soap dispensers.
- Restrooms will be cleaned after every use.
Daily Camp Health Screening
- Upon arriving at drop off, one parent/guardian per camper will be required to fill out a short health screening questionnaire.
- An EDMO staff member will then;
- Take the camper's temperature with a contactless thermometer.
- Check to make sure that the camper is wearing their face covering over their mouth and nose.
- Verbally verify with the parent/guardian whether or not the camper is ok to enter camp or if they need to go home.
- EDMO staff must also attest that they are free of symptoms of COVID-19, on a daily basis.
- Click here to see the full list of health screening questions and protocols.
- Please pack a reusable water bottle for your kid each day. Many county regulations prohibit kids from using the water fountains. EDMO staff will refill bottles as needed and return them to your kid.
- EDMO staff will require kids to wash their hands before and after they eat.
- If an EDMO staff member must handle food or drink in any way, they will be required to wear disposable gloves and change gloves between helping kids.
- Eating and drinking will only be allowed in designated areas that have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Please click here to read our FULL guidelines for lunch and our NO-NUTS policy.
- One camper at a time will be allowed in the restroom.
- If windows exist in these restrooms, they will remain open for ventilation.
- EDMO staff will clean and disinfect the restroom after each use.
- Each camper will receive an individually packaged kit with all of their supplies for the week.
- Socially-distanced activities will be available, and kids will be encouraged to bring activities from home that can be conducted individually.
- Kids will only be allowed to use play structures or any other shared equipment if the situation allows for full disinfecting before and after each group's use. Exact protocols will vary site to site and will be reviewed with kids at the start of each camp session.
Meet our Medical Advisory Board
Emergency Medical Technician
Ashkon Shaahinfar, MD
Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics