EDMO has adopted the following protocols:
Please note, the protocols for a camper with any symptom of COVID-19 are as follows:
If a child has any symptom of COVID, they must show a negative COVID-19 test OR remain home for at least 10 days, have 72 hours with no fever without fever reducing medication and recover from all symptoms before returning to camp. See the full COVID-19 guidelines below for more info.
- Maximum group sizes will range from 12-18 kids dependent on ages and location. All groups will remain well below state/county guidelines and will maintain all American Camp Association Standards.
- Each stable group will have two assigned staff members and will remain together throughout the duration of the camp week including Extended Care.
- Kids will not be allowed to change from one group to another.
- Exception to stable groups may be made in the event:
- Staff:camper ratio needs to be increased for safety and supervision
- Staff member gets sick, quits or replaced
- We have a behavior issue that necessitates moving a child for the safety and well being of all children and staff.
- Kids will be instructed to remain 3 ft apart while wearing masks and 6 ft apart while they are eating, drinking, or taking a mask break.
- Kids will be encouraged to keep their hands to themselves and will be strategically spaced when possible during activities for appropriate social distancing. This includes no hand holding, hugging, high fives, etc.
- Outdoor game time, snacks and lunch will be staggered to promote physical distancing between stable groups.
- All kids and staff must wear face masks while at camp at all times, except during designated eating times, mask breaks and when participating in an outdoor activity where 6 ft of distance can be maintained.
- Kids need to bring their own face masks daily. We recommend that they keep an extra one in their bag.
- Camp will implement routines for students to wash their hands (or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available), at regular intervals throughout the day.
- When arriving and prior to leaving
- Before and after meals
- Before and after outside play
- Before and after using the restroom
- Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout camp sites.
- EDMO staff or on-site custodial services will clean and disinfect indoor spaces, including bathrooms, at least twice a day. Once in the middle of the day and once at the end of the day.
- Cleaning will include disinfecting of all spaces used by kids and EDMO staff, including but not limited to: doorknobs, desks, faucet handles, chairs and soap dispensers.
Staff and campers are asked to to do a self screen each morning and not come to camp if:
- Your child/children or anyone in your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Your child/children or anyone in your household has been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes) with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 OR anyone who has any symptoms of COVID-19
- If any unvaccinated members of your household have travelled internationally within the last 7 days.
- Your child/children or anyone in your household is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please pack a reusable water bottle for your kid each day. Many county regulations prohibit kids from using the water fountains. EDMO staff will refill bottles as needed and return them to your kid.
- EDMO staff will require kids to wash their hands before and after they eat.
- If an EDMO staff member must handle food or drink in any way, they will be required to wear disposable gloves and change gloves between helping kids.
- Eating and drinking will only be allowed in designated areas that have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- One camper at a time will be allowed in the restroom.
- If windows exist in these restrooms, they will remain open for ventilation.
- EDMO staff will clean and disinfect the restroom after each stable group’s use.
- Each kid will have their own supplies.
- Socially-distanced activities will be available, and kids will be encouraged to bring activities from home that can be conducted individually.
- Exact protocols will vary site to site and will be reviewed with kids at the start of each camp session.